How Shaw’s Heating, Air & Plumbing is Handling COVID-19
At Shaw’s, we take the safety of our customers and our staff seriously. While this is true every day, it’s especially important in this time of heightened concern. Because our services play a vital role in maintaining health, safety, and comfort in the Talbot county area, we will remain open during this time. Rest assured that we’re taking steps to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
How Shaw’s Heating, Air & Plumbing is Working to Protect You
Per the CDC and WHO guidelines, we are making changes to our normal operating procedures. We will also be adopting rigorous cleaning protocols during the outbreak. While these adjustments may seem inefficient or awkward, they’re necessary to ensure the health of those we serve.
- Staff Care: Any employees showing symptoms will be asked to remain home until medically clear.
- Scheduling Questions: When you call to make an appointment, our office team will ask if anyone in your home has had a fever, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been exposed to the virus. Answering “yes” to any of these will not disqualify you from service but allow our staff to be properly protected before entering your home.
- Safety Measures: Troubleshooting equipment can sometimes be done from the exterior of your home, but there are times when our technicians must go inside. In those situations, all basic precautions will be taken.
- Sanitization: Our trucks come stocked with disinfectant sprays and sanitizing wipes. After completing a job, your technician will wipe down any areas with which they had contact. This includes equipment, door handles, and floors.
- Distancing Efforts: Some of our office staff will be relocated to remote locations during the COVID-19 outbreak. In some situations, we may ask to see pictures or videos of your equipment to better understand the problem you want addressed to optimize scheduling and help minimize face-to-face contact.
- Area-Based Responses: While we will continue to service everyone in the Talbot county area, we will take extra precautions around clients in areas deemed high-risk by the CDC.
- Authorization: We usually require a written signature on paper or a tablet prior to beginning work, however, to reduce the risk of contact, we will instead be sending out electronic authorization.
Regarding Maintenance Calls and Other Scheduled Visits
We’ll reach out to you before our visit to outline the above procedures. We understand the current situation may be more concerning for some of our clients than it is for others. If you would prefer, we’re happy to reschedule any preexisting appointments. To do so, please give us a call.
Our Planning Standards
Shaw’s will be updating this page regularly as the situation develops. If you have any questions regarding this policy or wish to discuss our COVID-19 response plan in more detail, please give us a call or email.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.