Like us on Facebook for more info on our Boiler repair service in Oxford MD. See what your neighbors think about our Furnace service in Easton MD on Google Reviews. Need a plumber Plumbing installation in Saint MIchaels MD, just email us!
Shaw's Heating, Air and Plumbing has certified technicians to take care of your Boiler installation near Saint MIchaels MD.
Toll Free: 800.549.3991
Local Phone: 410.745.9338
 
Get your Geothermal & Solar heating replacement done by Shaw's Heating, Air and Plumbing in Oxford MD.
See what makes Shaw's Heating, Air and Plumbing your number one choice for Furnace repair in Easton MD.
 
Toll Free: 800.549.3991
Local Phone: 410.745.9338

Symptoms & Management of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Safety Tips

  • Have your home heating systems (including chimneys and vents) inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician.
  • Never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. Use generators outside only, far away from the home.
  • Never bring a charcoal grill into the house for heating or cooking. Do not barbeque in the garage.
  • Never use a gas range or oven for heating.
  • Open the fireplace damper before lighting a fire and keep it open until the ashes are cool. An open damper may help prevent build-up of poisonous gases inside the home.
  • Install battery-operated CO alarms or CO alarms with battery backup in your home outside separate sleeping areas.
  • Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, and confusion. If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, and then call 911.

Know the Symptoms of CO Poisoning

Because CO is odorless, colorless, and otherwise undetectable to the human senses, people may not know that they are being exposed. The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu (but without the fever). They include:

  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness

High level CO poisoning results in progressively more severe symptoms, including:

  • Mental confusion
  • Vomiting
  • Loss of muscular coordination
  • Loss of consciousness
  • Ultimately death

Symptom severity is related to both the CO level and the duration of exposure. For slowly developing residential CO problems, occupants and/or physicians can mistake mild to moderate CO poisoning symptoms for the flu, which sometimes results in tragic deaths. For rapidly developing, high level CO exposures (e.g., associated with use of generators in residential spaces), victims can rapidly become mentally confused, and can lose muscle control without having first experienced milder symptoms; they will likely die if not rescued.


U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)

24 Hour Emergency Service Available • Call Us Today!
24 Hour Emergency Service Available
Contact Info
 
Address:  9876 North Claiborne Road
Saint Michaels, MD 21663
 
Licensed & Insured
DOT #2513927  •  MASTER HVAC #19309
MASTER PLUMBING #85031
 
Office Hours
Monday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Friday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday:  8:00am - 4:30pm
Payment Options
 
For Furnace in Saint MIchaels MD, we accept most major credit cards.
 
We accept check for Boiler repair service provided in Oxford MD.
We accept cash for Geothermal & Solar heating repair service provided in Easton MD.
 
We accept Visa, Mastercard & American Express, cash and personal checks. We also have financing options available.
 
Home   |   Email Us   |   Schedule   |   About Us   |   Guarantees   |   Employment   |   Reviews   |   Search
 
Home   |   Email Us   |   Schedule   |   About Us
Guarantees   |   Employment   |   Reviews   |   Search
Home   |   Email Us   |   Schedule   |   About Us   |   Guarantees   |   Employment   |   Reviews   |   Search
 
Home   |   Email Us   |   Schedule   |   About Us
Guarantees   |   Employment   |   Reviews   |   Search